Pagers is a bit old technology, and was really cool stuff until mid 90's. I still find them pretty cool, they are small, low power and quite reliable. I will collect some links and resources on the pagers i get my hands on here.
Motorola Advisor is an alpha pager with a 4 line backlit display supporting up to 4 RIC codes.
Motorola Advisor RIC code checker
There are some rules for Motorola Advisor codes, this will help you check that your codes will work together.
- RIC is 7 digits. 0000008-2007663, 20077672-2045055, 2045064-2097143 are valid (not checked).
- Code A & B must be in same frame.
- Code C & D must be in same frame.
- Pager must have Code A.
- To have code D, you also need code C.
- Frame of A must be smaller than frame of C.
Programming guidelines for Motorola Advisor
A ton of useful stuff, like pager programming software, pager pinouts, programmer schematic etc.
Motorola Advisor User's manual
Some info on programming Motorola Advisor in german.
Modied motorola pagers hooked up to computer to monitor all pages.